Monday, October 11, 2010

And bill-ignorers

The Saturday 10/9 issue of the Scranton Times-Tribune has a full-page, International Carrier Day salute to all of us Times-Tribune/Sunday Times carriers, listing all of our names (apparently 365 of us?) below the compliment, "Through rain, snow, sleet and cold, your carrier endures it all to deliver the news of the world to your doorstep."

Well how about bill-ignorers? Although I thank the Times for the compliment about the "rain, snow, sleet and cold", I don't mind those things one bit! It is the bill-ignorers, rather, that I must "endure".

Well, that and the editor's slandering of two of my "frac" spellings to "frack", in my Letter to the Editor in August. The correct spelling, which the Susquehanna County Transcript got my minor point about but the Times didn't, is "frac".

No comments: